CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Salt Lake Marathon!!

Yesterday I ran in the Salt Lake Half Marathon. I have mixed feelings about the whole day because I did have a great run and got my personal best time, but after the race I was deathly sick for 24 hours (When your as sick as I was, the good parts of the day sort of fade away into the back of your mind). I just love being at the finish line though, watching all of the runners come through. The environment and attitude of the whole morning is infectious! If you're there as a spectator, it makes you wish you were running! So I have to say that the day was more of a success than not! I'm so grateful to my husband for being such a support to me while I trained for this race! I have such a supportive family all the way around and I'm so thankful for them. Its so fun to see all of them cheering me on as I run through the finish!!

I look much happier in this picture than I felt!


My clock time was 1:49
My official chip time was 1:46, a PB for me!

All done, and drinking my Diet Pepsi
Normally it keeps me from getting sick (didn't work this time!)

My sister is the fastest runner that I personally know, she did the marathon this year and
it was not her best run to say the least. She came through in tears (of joy and pain)
Through all the pain she still ran it in a time of 3:54. Awesome!


Sierra, Happy to be done!


The 4 of us who ran
Sierra, Emma, Me and Annie

My Wonderful Parents!

My Fabulous Fam
Seconds before this picture I was on the ground in fetal position
so don't mind my sickening face.

My dad and I

My sister.in.law Kiley & my nephew Logan came out to support!

My sweet hubby and Piper hanging out at the finish!


My father.in.law and sweet Kennedy


Paigey & Ray Ray


The whole smart clan out to support!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Way to go Jade!!! That is an AWESOME time! I can't believe Sierra and her fast pace, and especially for a marathon distance. Sheesh! You look so cute. Love your swimsuit in the St. G pics. Makes me excited to head there next week!

Miss you! We should have some pool days together this year. I know what you mean about getting a little down with the cold weather. It affected me more than ever this year. I am SO done and ready for nice warm weather!!! btw... Piper is beautiful! Your girlies are so cute.

Sierra Danielle said...

you look incredible coming in that finish line. who would have ever thought you were so sick? you were a speed demon in that race! and how lovely do i look sobbing through the finish line? thanks for being there to support me in what will be my last marathon ever.....i think. i love you and our amazing family. we are just all so awesome.

Meg said...

Wow! Good job!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Way to go...you seriously kicked butt! I wish I had known you were running it I would've looked for ya (ha ha ha!) I came through much later then you though! Way to go again!

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

You're a champ!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you were so sick Jade! But you are awesome and your time was incredible! yay for it just being over! ;)

Heidi said...

Good job Jade! My little sis ran the half too :) Excited to see ya next week!