CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 15, 2009

HeCtiC, CrAzY, EmOtiOnaL MoNtH!

I've been the worst blogger the past four or five weeks and I apologize. This past month has been quite a struggle for our little family. This fabulous month started off with my dear Grandpa Smart passing away, which was extremely sad for the entire Smart family. I have lived within a few steps of him and my Grandma's house for as long as I can remember so it's very sad he's not with us anymore. I will miss him dearly! Next, came my near fatal hike in Zions National Park where some friends and I were stuck in a cold, icy canyon for 8 hours and eventually saved by search and rescue. A very scary day which I truly believed would be my last! I'm very grateful for my Heavenly Father because I know it was through him that I am here today. Lastly, Chris's grandma passed away last Sunday which took us to Arizona for the funeral. She was such a sweet, smart, witty lady who will truly be missed by the entire Pew family. So in a very lengthy explanation that has been our month. I hope the saying that bad things come in three's is true because that would mean that we are done for a while!

Here are a few pics from our trip!
Silly Kennedy

Kennedy at the water park with her favorite thing in the world. Her bottle (Can't kick it)



Chris & Kennedy at the funeral.
Chris gave the family prayer and did such an amazing job! It was beautiful!


Chris with baby Gracie



Kennedy with her Aunt Kiley looking at the ducks




Uncle Ben & Kennedy lookin' stylish



The Pew boys
Chris, Sam & Ben


Kennedy loved playing in the pool with her grandpa



Brent & Avery at the waterpark



Kennedy playing with her Aunt Amy


Silly Zac playing in the pool



Cute little Owen & Avery catchin' some rays


They wanted to display all of the different family pictures at the funeral so we
went over to a beautiful park in Gilbert, AZ and got some family pictures taken.

The Thomsen Family


Grandma & Grandpa with all the grandkids



The kiddies.
Zac, Owen, Avery, Kennedy & Gracie


13 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry about your hard month! I'm glad you survived your scary hiking incident. That is so freaky! Amy and I are glad you are back! We've missed you this week.

PS The braids look cute. Lets be honest.... you can get away with anything! See ya Tues. =)

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

I was so sad to hear about your grandpa. He was such a cute little man, but I am glad you are okay!

Sierra Danielle said...

I am grateful everyday that you are alive!! I don't know if I have ever been so scared in my life. I love you so much, don't go hiking with those crazies ever again! I love you & can't wait for Cali. Aren't you so excited to spend an entire week with me:)

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

Jade, I'm so sorry to hear about your month! That is no fun, and certainly some things that seem so hard to deal with. Lucky for you you have such a cute family to love and care for you! Hope this month is a better one. :)

Jill said...

I'm so glad that your month is over and that you are on the mend. We were all a little shocked to hear about your hike. Pretty scary! By the way I love your hair, you always look great!!!

Crawling said...

I'm very sorry Jade. I'm glad you are safe and that those you love are now in a better place. I love you!

Whitney said...

I'm so glad you're safe!! How scary! I'm sorry about the deaths too, that is NEVER fun! I really hope you have a better month.

Justin Mandy and Girls said...

Im so sorry to hear about your crazy month! Im so glad that you were rescued and are safe! Love the hair you look good no matter what you have going on upstairs! Its not fair :)

TheThomsen5 said...

Yes, It has been a crazy month. How about this spin on the good old "bad things happen in threes" idea..., you could look at it like Blessings happen in threes...As sad as it was, I know your Grandpa and my Grandma are much happier and in a better place, and heaven knows we are SO grateful you got out of that canyon ALIVE !!! See three blessings...Either way you look at it, it has been a quite eventful month, and I'm sure you are glad it's over :) Have fun in Cali.
Love you !!!

The Day Family said...

Great talking to you Chris!!! Can't wait to see you at Disneyland for the big race!

Heather said...

Jade-
Carlee and I worked together at the salon I used to work at. How do you know her?

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Oh my gosh I would say you had a tough month. You are going to have to blog about your experience in Zions, sounds like you guys were very lucky. So sorry to hear about the grandparents that is so tough. On a happier note your hair looks darling, I didn't even recognize you are first I love it!

Staci Davies said...

Darn. That doesn't sound like a fun month at all. I'm sorry to hear those things. Glad you made it through that rough spot. E-mail or call me, I'd LOVE to do pictures of your picture perfect child :) Anytime. Not sure when I'm coming out again, but I'll let ya know. Thanks