CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

sLaCkEr...Lots to Report!

Christmas...Wow! It seems so far away and yet I still haven't blogged about it yet. I know, I'm so over Christmas myself but I had to do a Christmas post.
We did have a great Christmas! We spent the 23rd of December with all of my dad's side of the family, Santa came to our party which was so fun for everyone! Instead of doing gifts this year we each drew a name out of a hat and wrote a short poem about that person. I wasn't that excited about it at the time but it turned out to be a great idea and the best Christmas yet! We have some very good, funny poets in my family! Christmas eve morning we invited both mine and Chris's parents (and Sierra of course) over for breakfast, it was alot of fun and sooo yummy! For Christmas Eve evening we spent the evening with just the 3 of us, we went to PF Changs for dinner and back to our house to make cookies for Santa. It was such a great relaxing night that we may have to turn into a tradition! Christmas day was very fun (especially for Kennedy) but very tiring for mom and dad. Lots of traveling to both sets of grandparents. But if I say so myself it was the best Christmas I've had in a while. It was so fun to see Kennedy walk into the family room and see her toys sitting there not knowing exactly what she should do with them! She loves her kitchen and plays with it everyday! We are so grateful that Kennedy has such wonderful grandparents who spoil her like crazy! I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas! Better late than never I guess.

Santa came to our family Christmas Party... So Fun!


Kennedy's presents from Santa


Walking into the family room for the first time
not really sure what's going on.


Still examining the situation


Finally comfy in her new chair with her new Dora book!


I love my new kitchen!


My new trike from grandma & grandpa


Opening presents at grandma's house


Santa trying to entice Kennedy to sit on his lap!

It worked!


The whole Smart family!
(except my parents)
What a good lookin' group.

Like I said above instead of presents for eachother on my dad's side of the family we wrote poems. This is me reciting my poem to the family and also announcing that we will be expanding our family and are expecting baby #2 due August 10th!
We are very excited for Kennedy to be a big sister (and so is she)



13 comments:

Mrs. Micek said...

You are so cute Jade! Better late than never I always say!! Kennedy is such a doll and her kitchen set is adorable! I can't wait till next year when Kendall has a better grasp on Christmas. Congratulations to you guys on expecting your #2!! YAY!!

Tara said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on #2! So exciting!

Wade, Jenny, and Girls said...

Congrats on the baby to be! :) Hope you've been feeling good!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I can't wait for Pew baby #2... although I'm a little worried that It will be impossible for me to love him/her as much as #1 ;)

I love the Poem idea for Christmas! I kind of want to steal it. Your family is so cute!

Love you lots Jade! You are the BEST in every way.

Heidi said...

Aaah!!!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures of Kennedy! Congrats on baby #2! That is so exciting!!!! :)

Ryan Smart said...

That is a good lookin family! I would like to know what the comment that was deleted said...I'm curious like that. Looks like Kennedy had a great christmas. I like that little kitchen set, the only problem is I don't want it in my house. Do you care if Camryn comes over to use hers and you can clean it up? Great, thanks! Tell that family of yours hello for me.

Sierra Danielle said...

Whoo hoo! Finally I don't have to keep this a secret! I'm so excited I can hardly hold in my excitment! Whoo hoo! I love babies! Especially Pew babies! YAY! I love you!

Kevin, Chelsey, and Boston Pugh said...

Hey congrats I ran into your mom at the gym today and she told me you were pregnant I'm so excited for you. Kennedy is so cute I really want to come see your family some time soon so I'll try to plan it when you guys are there so that Boston can play with Kennedy He'd love it.

sadie said...

That pink kitchen is too cute!! Congrats on #2!! I hope you're feeling good!

Justin Mandy and Girls said...

Congrats!! You make cute babies so keep em coming:)

Whitney said...

I have been waiting for a pregnancy announcement. I knew from your post that you didn't run the half marathon!! I'm so happy for you! We are due super close to each other, I'm due July 30th! Im so happy for you!!